[OpenSCAD] battery spring spiral

r.d. terramir terramircomputers at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 16:20:07 EDT 2018

I tried to look up involute as a function of openscad and besides a
gitub involute gears I couldn't really find anything is involute in
your code a function or a variable. I am a little confused about this,
but I did think about something here I dunno if it would work but try
to follow this and maybe give me some suggestions .but I did get a
spiral together with this code the top is sort of inaccurate and I may
have to run a test print or two to tweak it(the z and y factors) but I
think this might just work. the spiral makes 4.5 revolutions but the
top is smushed so I used 1440 as in four revolutions so it wouldn't
effect the height of the bottom revolutions as much and those are the
ones that will have to go through the battery holder.

<code

 for (i=[0:0.5:1440]){
    translate([0,0,(i/60)])
    rotate([90,0,i])
    translate([8.75-(i/170),0,0])
    cylinder(r=0.9, h=0.4, $fn=32);
    }

</code>
terramir
Respectfully,
R. Daniel Borkan
727 S. Coronado St. 201
Los Angeles, CA 90057
C: (213) 271-6721
All written content of this e-mail is confidential and only intended for
the named recipient. This message is subject to copyright and is
intellectual property of the sender. All rights reserved (c) 2018