[OpenSCAD] Ovals

Rogier Wolff R.E.Wolff at BitWizard.nl
Thu Sep 6 06:09:52 EDT 2018

On Wed, Sep 05, 2018 at 04:47:07PM +0100, nop head wrote:

> I have never had much success with other people's STLs for 3D
> printing.  Even if they are manifold they are often not correct for
> 3D printing on my machines. I mostly design everything I print from
> scratch in OpenSCAD.

For SOME stuff I import "their" STL and add the things I need for
printing on my printer. I think "brim" is overrated. It adds material
where the object doesn't need it and not enough where it does.

For stuff that is high and long, and tends to pull the ends off the
bed, I now add a half cone of a few layers high to the ends. Works
great. Except when there end up being STL errors.

	Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff at BitWizard.nl ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
**    Delftechpark 26 2628 XH  Delft, The Netherlands. KVK: 27239233    **