[OpenSCAD] Controlling memory usage

Hans L thehans at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 20:45:32 EDT 2018

$fs = 0.01 is pretty insane.  That means the distance between each
vertex is about 1/100th of a millimeter.  That's going to generate a
ton of vertices on all but the smallest, simplest models.  Is there
any reason you want it so low?

I usually don't go below $fs = 0.2  on most things (depends on the
model) and that's already what I would consider pretty fine detail.

That said, if you still want to increase your cache size, you can do
so in Preferences -> Advanced -> Polyset cache size