[OpenSCAD] Ovals

FourthDr who_doctor at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 5 17:15:46 EDT 2018

Cacb:

Very interesting. What tool are you using? I tried the ployfixed LCD file
and OpenSCAD is still throwing a CGAL error. I did fix the back cover part
so I know it is manifold. That's why I don't understand why OpenSCAD doesn't
work. The preview works fine. But when I click render I get a blank screen
and this message:

Compiling design (CSG Tree generation)...
Rendering Polygon Mesh using CGAL...
Geometries in cache: 33
Geometry cache size in bytes: 3560328
CGAL Polyhedrons in cache: 32
CGAL cache size in bytes: 1232672
Total rendering time: 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds
Rendering finished.

OpenSCAD appears to just ignore the file and render nothing. What's going on
there? I'm stumped. Please see attached unaltered LCD stl below. The file
was collected from Thingiverse thing #1922863 here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1922863
<https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1922863>

_LCD_face_plate_LCD_hole_open.STL
<http://forum.openscad.org/file/t1425/_LCD_face_plate_LCD_hole_open.STL>