[OpenSCAD] Controlling memory usage

Barnet Wagman bdwgen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 14:47:54 EDT 2018

When I set $fs to its minimum ($fs=0.01) I start running into memory
problems, such as the message "WARNING: GeometryEvaluator: Node didn't
fit into cache".  The program slows down to a crawl as if it's paging.

FYI I'm running OpenSCAD version 2015.03-2 on debian 9 ('stretch'),
64-bit kernel.

I noticed that there are some cache related variables in the config
files.  Would changing any of these values help?  I haven't found any
documentation on them.

Is there a way of giving openscad more memory? I haven't seen anything
about this in the documentation or in the man page.

thanks