[OpenSCAD] Can I apply a transformation to a point (list)?

nicnacs nickcholy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 16:38:54 EDT 2018

Sometimes it seems like it would be useful to be able to take a given
transformation to just a point, and then use that point as a reference
later.  For example, let's say I have a transformation:
translate([1,2,3]) rotate([4,5,6]) { objects...}

it would be nice to be able to do something like:
newpt = translate([1,2,3]) rotate([4,5,6]) [x,y,z]

and then use newpt for other purposes.  Is something like this possible?
Thanks,
Nick