[OpenSCAD] Preview working but render fails for difference()

Carsten Arnholm arnholm at arnholm.org
Thu Oct 4 14:04:49 EDT 2018

On 02. okt. 2018 13:09, Experimentalist wrote:
> I am having an issue where a part will preview satisfactorily but renders
> incorrectly. It has similarities to this issue:

STL files contain single precision coordinates and are generally not
well suited as input for further booleans...

In this case, your file "Holder_as_rendered.stl" is in my tool reported
as having 48 collapsed or zero area faces. This classification is
obviously subject to tolerances and interpretation.

A face is here 'collapsed' if one edge is shorter than the distance
tolerance (default=0.01) and has zero area if the computed area is less
than the area tolerance (default 1.0E-6). 48 of the faces in your file
failed one or both of these checks.

I uploaded a version of your file with those faces removed, you can get
it at (expires 2018-10-09 @ 18:00:06 GMT)

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g8a527fc901f5514a1000118775cefd6b3332589010

(The uploaded file is compressed in a zip file)

Carsten Arnholm