[OpenSCAD] Need help with inputdriver5 for SpaceMouse

sibjo simonbjorkstrom at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 16:52:19 EST 2018

First of thanks for letting me in here! :)

I just got a SpaceMouse Pro since I'm spending quite some time designing in
OpenSCAD. I was happy to see all the work that's been put into getting
devices like this it to work with OpenSCAD. However, I'm quite a noob when
it comes to compiling and I can not get the SpaceNav driver to be enabled
during the build. I have tried some different things but apparently, I don't
have the knowledge to get it to work.

This is from my most recent failure:

cd ~/
git clone -b inputdriver5 https://github.com/openscad/openscad.git
cd openscad
git submodule init
git submodule update
./scripts/check-dependencies.sh
qmake CONFIG+=experimental CONFIG+=hidapi CONFIG+=spnav openscad.pro
make -B

I have also tried adding
CONFIG+=experimental
CONFIG+=hidapi
CONFIG+=spnav
manually to the top of the openscad.pro file.

What am I doing wrong? How do I get SpaceNav (or HIDAPI) to work?

Many thanks!
/ Simon