[OpenSCAD] Newbie Hull problem

MDFChris openscad at oddys.plus.com
Sun Jan 28 14:46:21 EST 2018

Hi All

I've just started using OpenSCAD and so far I'm liking it, it suits my
engineering mind however I'm having an issue with a simple hull ?

I'm designing a nozzle for my 3D printer which seems simple enough using a
difference of two'd hull'd cubes:

//Nozzle
nozzle();
module nozzle(){
	difference(){
		port(1);
		port(0);
    }
}
module port(d){
	hull() {
		cube([19.5+d*2,15+d*2,2],center=true);
        translate([-10,4,15])
        rotate([0,-45,0])
        cube([7+d*2,14+d*2,2],center=true);
	}
}
however if I increase the rotation angle of the outlet port beyond -45 (i.e.
-50 or more) the open end starts to close up ?, I can't figure if I'm doing
something wrong or is this some sort of rounding error ?

Chris