[OpenSCAD] Functional OpenSCAD, working with vertex data

Hans L thehans at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 18:49:11 EST 2018

I like the .x .y .z shortcuts and I think they are somewhat useful
feature, but I actually feel that it doesn't go far enough!  I think
support for swizzling, much like GLSL would be a really handy
addition.  https://www.khronos.org/opengl/wiki/Data_Type_(GLSL)#Swizzling

So you could do something like this for example:
p3d = [1,2,3];
p2d = p3d.xy; // alternative to: [ p3d[0], p3d[1] ]   more clean and
concise with swizzling

And all the other combinations and transposing of axes could also be possible.