[OpenSCAD] F5 works, but F6 gives: ERROR: CGAL error in CGAL_Nef_polyhedron3():

Jordan Brown openscad at jordan.maileater.net
Fri Jan 19 00:52:19 EST 2018

On 1/18/2018 10:03 AM, Parkinbot wrote:
> There was a planarity bug connected with polyhedra faces in the late
> 2017 dev builds, which has been fixed in the 2018.1.x Have you tried
> to update?

I don't use polyhedra very much.  My top-level comment was that
generating STL files that don't follow the rules is rude.

And a side comment that by a common-sense definition, a list of points
that's not coplanar is not a polyhedron face.

> It is also known that you can sometimes heal a small scale design by
> scaling it up, while a scale-down is never a good idea.

I did need a scaled-down version of the model.  (After all, it's a model
of my house; it has to include a copy of the model <https://xkcd.com/878/>.)

I don't remember how I got it to print.  Maybe I just ignored the things
the slicer did wrong.  I might have been better off having the STL be
full-sized (about a meter across) and then scaling down in the slicer.