[OpenSCAD] F5 works, but F6 gives: ERROR: CGAL error in CGAL_Nef_polyhedron3():

Jordan Brown openscad at jordan.maileater.net
Thu Jan 18 12:20:34 EST 2018

On 1/18/2018 1:29 AM, Parkinbot wrote:
> Indeed I even don't see much sense in restricting STL output to
> "proper" manifolds. Is it part of the format specification?

I have no idea whether there's  anything in the format spec, but it's
quite frustrating to generate something with OpenSCAD, feed it to my
slicer, and have my slicer misbehave because it doesn't follow the rules.

(As best I can tell, usually this happens when there are extremely small
features that start running into the OpenSCAD resolution limits - like
when I took my 25.4:1 scale model of my house and then scaled it down by
a further 25.4:1.)

(Intuitively, I would say that a string of points that aren't coplanar
cannot be a face of a polyhedron.  They might be something else, and I
don't have a problem with having a way to create and manipulate them
under a different name.)