[OpenSCAD] SVG import recenter

Ronaldo Persiano rcmpersiano at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 19:47:19 EST 2018

I am using version 2018.01.06. The problem seems to be in both import and
export or how they map the coordinate system of SVG into the coordinate
system of OpenSCAD.
For instance, the following SVG file

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1//EN" "
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11.dtd">
<svg width="80mm" height="80mm" viewBox="0 0 80 80" xmlns="
http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" version="1.1">
<title>OpenSCAD Model</title>
<path d="
M 40,40 L 80,40 L 80,80 L 40,80 z
" stroke="black" fill="lightgray" stroke-width="0.5"/>
</svg>

is shown as a square translated from the origin in the online editor
https://www.freecodeformat.com/svg-editor.php.
But if you import that SVG file into OpenSCAD, the square is centered.

On the other hand, the SVG file exported by:

translate([40,40]) square(40);

does not show any translation in the referred SVG editor.