[OpenSCAD] Mayan calendar

Dan Shriver tabbydan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 13:23:00 EST 2018

I looked up the Geneva drive and see that it would solve an unstated
problem of mine.  If I used a Geneva drive with one pin and the cross on
the underside of the "day of the month" wheel, it would change a
continuously turning motion into discrete movement of the day wheel.

I believe you have an idea for how to reset the day but I do not understand
it.  Can you provide a diagram of how it works?

Maybe if I have a second cross at the top of the solar month day and there
is pin (not sure if it would need to be on a spring or not) on the "month
of the year" wheel that causes the "day of the month" wheel to spin back
from 5 to 1.  The only problem with that is I would have to somehow
disengage the Geneva drive on the bottom...  I'm sure that's not what you
are suggesting (since you mentioned "19 pin irregular").  I'm just having
trouble imaging what you are saying.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>