[OpenSCAD] FW: Rendering problem about importing dxf file

cbernhardt charlie at carols62.com
Thu Jan 11 21:16:23 EST 2018

I am not really sure why the DXF will not render with the sphere since it
will render by itself, but I know how to fix it. The image on the left side
of the picture below is the DXF file loaded into AutoCAD.  The blue squares
are the vertices of the figure.  The vertex with the coordinates shown
beside it shows that the X coordinate is 0.000.  If you move this vertex
just slightly in the positive X direction, then it renders with the sphere
with no error message (right side of picture).  I assume the problem lies in
the fact that the DXF file is rotated about the Z axis passing through X=0,
Y=0.
<http://forum.openscad.org/file/t1309/import_exercise_dxf.jpg>