[OpenSCAD] Mayan calendar

Mark Peeters peetersmarkg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 10:53:04 EST 2018

Just looking at sizes for fun.....
IF one wanted to use the 3 gear idea (this is optional and maybe not what
Dan wants), then the large gear size can be figured based on how big the
characters are. Looks like for a 1cm size character the gear would need to
be over 1 meter in diameter!

character_size=10;
characters=356;

circumference=character_size*characters;
radius=circumference/(2*PI);

echo("diameter of gear(mm)=",radius*2);

OUTPUT= ECHO: "diameter of gear(mm)=", 1133.18