[OpenSCAD] Mayan calendar

Dan Shriver tabbydan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 21:24:28 EST 2018

I was toying with the idea of trying to make a Mayan calendar (short count
52 year cycle).

Basically there would be three gears.  One with thirteen symbols / teeth;
one with twenty symbols / teeth, and a third with 365 symbols / teeth.

The 13 gear is meshed inside the 20 gear which is meshed against the 365
gear.

I am seeing a few slight hitches though:

1) how to keep the gears meshed after assembly
2) how to assemble the 365 gear (it seems very unlikely I could print it in
one shot, I'd need some way of making parts that allows them to be joined
after printing, not sure if others have input on how close things have to
be to snap fit together)
3) how to make the designs for each place (I need to make a stamp type
thing with a freeform drawing)

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>