[OpenSCAD] FIlling gaps between complex hollow objects

Troberg troberg.anders at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 09:19:00 EST 2018

That I agree with. I find it endlessly frustrating that I can't just do
something like:

sphere(d=100,name="thissphere");

and then later, after it's been moved around and all that do a:

translate([thissphere.x,thissphere.y,thissphere.z])
cylinder(d=thissphere.d,1000);

Or, stuff like my parts list. Since variables are kind of wonked compared to
other languages, I have to echo a line for each part, then copy the echo
output to another program I wrote which parses it and sums things up.

I've been thinking a lot about encapsulating the 3D markup in some framework
in some kind of "real script language", such as VBScript, JavaScript or
Rexx, but I haven't got around to actually doing anything.