[OpenSCAD] Any experience with SolidPython?

Rob Sherwood rob.sherwood at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 01:07:51 EDT 2018

I've been using OpenScad for a bit and am really starting to get into it.

I've noticed a bunch of posts on the list of the form "can the
language do this" recently and I remember coming across SolidPython,
which seems to be a python wrapper library around openscad.

Does anyone have any experience with it?  At least at a high-level,
having a full language (e.g., late binding variables, oop, variable
name spaces, etc.) would solve some problems for me.

https://github.com/SolidCode/SolidPython/blob/ecf1c0888ad323e2be5b2ec1578773be46b72435/PyOpenSCAD_docs.txt

Any opinions or experiences?

Thanks in advance!

- Rob