[OpenSCAD] what base language is used in OpenSCAD

William Ferry woferry at mac.com
Thu Apr 26 21:38:21 EDT 2018

AFAIK, OpenSCAD isn't *built* on any other languages, it's its own unique language.  I mean it's written in C++, but the language parser is unique to OpenSCAD.

There are certainly libraries out there that include functions to do string to number conversions, for example relativity.scad (<https://github.com/davidson16807/relativity.scad/blob/master>, in "relativity.scad" see the "parse_int" function, it's also in the separate "strings.scad" file in the same repo).  - Will