[OpenSCAD] 3D Printer

Rick graham.rick at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 18:08:33 EDT 2018

I just printed some nuts and bolts with my CR-10 @0.6mm, as a test.
They're very tight but they work great.  I like that they're tight.  I want
to screw them into an aluminium tube that I've tapped out, that appears to
be a go.  Nice fit, good hold.

I was planning on making an enclosure, and I was planning on trying nylon.
I guess I should do those things in that order.

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 5:51 PM, jon <jon at jonbondy.com> wrote:

> I like the CR-10, for around $500, but I wonder whether it can get hot
> enough for nylon. The hot end for the CR-10 should not go over 240, which
> is just at the low end for nylon.  You might be able to find some nylon-ish
> filaments that would work.  I print nylon in an enclosure, and the CR-10
> does not come with one.  If you can make do with PLA, the CR-10 is
> wonderful.
>

> On 4/24/2018 2:22 PM, fractorr wrote:
>
>> I am looking at buying a 3D printer, just looking for a small fairly
>> inexpensive 3D printer, any recommendations?  It just for prototyping
>> small
>> pieces with a max size of about 4" x 4" x 1", does not need to super fast,
>> hoping to be able to use nylon, something in the $300 - $500 range if
>> possible.
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: http://forum.openscad.org/

"Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated."
  -- Jesus Christ