[OpenSCAD] Working with imported STLs

MichaelAtOz oz.at.michael at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 20:58:07 EDT 2018

kerog wrote
> NewDomeCity1.stl
> city-tile_v4.stl
>
> I believe both of these models had problems when I tried to cut them up
> after importing.

Yep, both are problematic.
You should get netfabb Studio Basic, it can help see problems, and fix many,
but not all.
It fixed city-tile_v4.stl.
city-tile_v4_fixed.stl
<http://forum.openscad.org/file/t359/city-tile_v4_fixed.stl>
NewDomeCity1.stl has lots of problems, not easily fixed:
<http://forum.openscad.org/file/t359/NewDomeCity1.jpg>

Anything not blue or black is bad.