[OpenSCAD] Object appears in F6 render but not F5 preview

Jamie Bainbridge jamie.bainbridge at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 19:49:20 EDT 2018

On 12 April 2018 at 15:35, Jamie Bainbridge <jamie.bainbridge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12 April 2018 at 08:52, Torsten Paul <Torsten.Paul at gmx.de> wrote:
>> I think that Ubuntu still has opencsg < 1.4.2. You could verify
>> that in the Help->Library Info window.
>>
>> Older versions of opencsg have an issue that could cause the
>> effects you describe.
>
> Aha you are correct, I have OpenCSG 1.4.0

To follow up on this, I fixed it with later libraries:

* Remove libopencsg1_1.4.0 from Ubuntu 16.04 (this removes
openscad-nightly but that's okay)
* Install libglew2 and openscg1_1.4.2 from Ubuntu unstable (soon to be
18.04 LTS)
* Install openscad-nightly again

This has solved the problem, I cannot reproduce the disappear-on-F5 at all.

Thanks again Torsten!

Jamie