[OpenSCAD] Object appears in F6 render but not F5 preview

Jamie Bainbridge jamie.bainbridge at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 18:32:47 EDT 2018

Thanks all for the responses. I neglected to say I'm using Ubuntu
16.04 and the latest OpenSCAD nightly from t-paul's repo.

Exploring more, preview sometimes works but isn't 100% reliable for me.

For example I can save the file, quit OpenSCAD, open the file again,
and the preview works fine. However if I then press F6 to render then
F5 to preview, the shape disappears.

I'll experiment more with polyhedrons and in some Windows VMs I have.
Maybe it's a Linux-only problem.

Jamie