[OpenSCAD] Why a semicolon right after module definition line not a syntax error

Troberg troberg.anders at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 05:02:16 EDT 2018

> ...until you copy code from emails or web pages where
the indentation gets lost and result in a mess. I did
have those cases from time to time and that is massively
annoying too.

Or when you write a code generator. When piecing together snippets of code,
it's much easier if you don't have to bother about how deeply indented it
needs to be, and instead just makes a second pass based on control
structures such as braces (or whatever is used in the language you are
generating) to fix indentation.

> It would be nice to have warnings for those cases.

I agree, this is a warning issue, not an error. With the current lack of
meaningful error messages, I'd say that this one is a low priority.