[OpenSCAD] sketches

Marius Kintel marius at kintel.net
Sun Oct 30 11:45:02 EDT 2016

On Oct 30, 2016, at 09:42, jon <jon at jonbondy.com> wrote:

> I've pondered creating Project.SCAD along with Project.PNG (or ProjectLeft.PNG and ProjectTop.PNG) in the same folder.  In that case, OpenSCAD could offer to open the sketches…

Some early thoughts:

In the new customizer, we have the option for storing commonly used parameter sets in a JSON file sitting next to the main .scad file. One idea is to eventually promote this JSON file to also include other metadata or related information about the design. In case of designs consisting of multiple files, this JSON file could also specify the main .scad file.

In terms of opening sketches, that would require a bit more logic, as displaying the sketch along with the design would probably require some translation and scaling, which needs to be stored as well.

 -Marius