[OpenSCAD] Openscad Indirect Functions

runsun runsun at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 17:36:54 EDT 2016

doug.moen wrote
> In terms of programming language popularity, it's really a tossup. I'm
> using -> for a couple of reasons.
>
>    - The → symbol is what's used in mathematics to describe functions, eg
>    : x → x².
>    - There are already too many operators that contain the = character (=,
>    ==, <=, >=), and all of these operators have some connection to the
>    concept of equality. The => symbol looks too much like these other
>    operators.

Good points.

-----

$  Runsun Pan, PhD $ libs: doctest , faces ( git ), offline doc ( git ), runscad.py ( 2 , git ), synwrite ( 2 );   $ tips: hash ( 2 ), matrix ( 2 , 3 ), sweep ( 2 , 3 ), var ( 2 ), lerp , animation ( gif , prodVid , animlib ), precision ( 2 ), xl-control , type , rounded polygon , chfont , tailRecur ( 2, 3 ), isosphere ( 2 ), area , vol/center , RGB , CurvedImg , tests ( 2 ); $ Apps: rollApp , blockscad , openjscad , on AWS ( pdf )