[OpenSCAD] Openscad Indirect Functions

runsun runsun at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 17:35:47 EDT 2016

nophead wrote
> There is no need for lambda at all. It is only syntactic sugar and since
> nobody can agree on the syntax it is only ever sweet for a subset of
> people.

I disagree. There are places where a lambda is better fitted. For
example, a temporary, quick handler like that in array.map( x=> x+2 ).
The need of making a named function for this purpose actually makes
the code more complicated and harder to write.

Personally, I don't mind what syntax to use. As long as the feature is
there, I'll just adopt to it. Besides, nothing can please everybody.
The important thing is to have it available for people who want it. For
those who don't, then simply don't use it. I don't think it's gonna hurt.

-----

$  Runsun Pan, PhD $ libs: doctest , faces ( git ), offline doc ( git ), runscad.py ( 2 , git ), synwrite ( 2 );   $ tips: hash ( 2 ), matrix ( 2 , 3 ), sweep ( 2 , 3 ), var ( 2 ), lerp , animation ( gif , prodVid , animlib ), precision ( 2 ), xl-control , type , rounded polygon , chfont , tailRecur ( 2, 3 ), isosphere ( 2 ), area , vol/center , RGB , CurvedImg , tests ( 2 ); $ Apps: rollApp , blockscad , openjscad , on AWS ( pdf )