[OpenSCAD] GSoC OpenSCAD project

Torsten Paul Torsten.Paul at gmx.de
Tue Oct 18 06:45:45 EDT 2016

Von: MichaelAtOz <oz.at.michael at gmail.com>
> I'm not sure to what degree they are meant to be
> compatible so I noted anything I found below.

Thanks for having a look at that. We did not really
declare an official compatibility list, but the basic
idea is to follow the syntax and behavior as close
as possible and reasonable.
For the GUI part things are a bit more relaxed as
we have different options and at least can try to
make it easier for the user.

> a. TVC Underscores in Variable_name are changed
> to spaces, looks nicer.

Good point. If we go for "hide variable name if
description is there" it might not be too important,
but I guess there's quite a number of model that
don't have a description.

> a2. The side by side layout allows creative use
> of name/description, as above or this use

I think we have to accept those kind of glitches,
maybe filtering descriptions that look strange by
some rule.
Trying to exactly follow the display is a lost
cause in my opinion.

> b. TVC Order of tabs is order in code, allows
> logical layout.

Yeah, I guess code order gets most votes by far,
so we probably want that or have a toggle for
both code and alphabetical order.

> d. <oops>

???
Missing screenshot maybe?

> e. TVC stops processing variables at the first
> non assignment operation

Oh, hmm, we certainly should find a fix for that.
Maybe we want to even move that to the list of
things to fix before merging to the main dev
branch.

ciao,
  Torsten.