[OpenSCAD] Openscad Indirect Functions

Torsten Paul Torsten.Paul at gmx.de
Mon Oct 17 03:50:55 EDT 2016

Von: "Kuba Marek" <blue.cube at seznam.cz>
> f = function(a, b) a + b;
> instead of
> function f(a, b) = a + b;

I don't think we have a problem at definition time,
the trouble is where the data is passed to another
function (or module).

E.g (ignoring modules completely for now).

f = 6;
function f(x) = 1;
function call_indirect(func, x) = func(x);

call_indirect(f); // is that the variable or function?

As we don't have types, we can't easily infer which
of the 'f' thingies is supposed to be passed to the
call_indirect() function.

To clarify which one is meant, we either have to use a
unified namespace, or have the user declare explicitely
which of the namespaces too choose from.

ciao,
  Torsten.