[OpenSCAD] building screw threads

Joris Robijn joris at robijn.net
Fri Oct 14 06:15:22 EDT 2016

Any chance this might make it in a future release? I'm running into this again now, and I don't like to the use libraries for this
basic lathe functionality.
Would it be easy for me (having some C++ experience) to add it myself?

Best regards,
Joris

On 27 Oct 2015 at 6:42, kintel [via OpenSCAD] wrote:

> On Oct 27, 2015, at 04:44 AM, robijn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Any chance rotate_extrude might be extended with vertical motion, in order
> to make helixes?

I like the idea of modifying rotate_extrude to allow for building helixes, although it's a step backwards from providing more
general extrusion functionality..

 -Marius

http://forum.openscad.org/building-screw-threads-tp3280p14230.html
To unsubscribe from building screw threads, click here.
NAML

--
Joris Robijn <joris at rubytech.nl>
www.rubytech.nl