[OpenSCAD] New version of sweep.scad

Ronaldo rcmpersiano at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 19:22:27 EDT 2016

I have just uploaded a new version of sweep.scad at github as a fork of the
original Oskar Linde's work. This is my first repository in github so I had
doubts if it should be a branch or a fork. It can be found in:

https://github.com/RonaldoCMP/list-comprehension-demos
<https://github.com/RonaldoCMP/list-comprehension-demos>

This library is strongly based on the Oskar Linde's library sweep.scad found
in

      https://github.com/openscad/list-comprehension-demos

 My work on it was:
      1. incorporate the minimum twist code Oskar Linde posted in the
Openscad Forum

(http://forum.openscad.org/Twisty-problem-with-scad-utils-quot-sweep-quot-tc9775.html)
      2. polishing some functions (simplifying some, allowing tail-recursion
elimination, etc)
      3. include comments
      4. add three helper functions to allow the control of sweep twists:
              - adjusted_rotations(path_transf, angini=0, angtot=0,
closed=false)
              - adjusted_directions(path_transf, v0, vf=undef, turns=0,
closed=false)
              - referenced_path_transforms(path, vref, closed)
      5. include the possibility to the user computation of the path
tangents

The last function is a substitute to the original
construct_transform_path(path, closed=false) .
It is useful to constraint the sweep rotations to keep the sections aligned
with a surface normal.

A demo file, SweepDemo.scad, with examples of usage, was also included
exploring the additional functionality I have added to sweep. It is a
parametric code, written to be executed by the Customizer snapshot version
2016.08.18.

Comments, criticisms, and issue reports are welcome. Good application
examples too.

Have fun.