[OpenSCAD] Openscad Indirect Functions

Torsten Paul Torsten.Paul at gmx.de
Mon Oct 10 18:36:12 EDT 2016

On 10/10/2016 11:46 PM, otto wrote:
> Thanks for reference.  I am new here, found openscad
> as an ideal platform for what I wanted to do.  Found
> some limits and decided to hack the code.  I am concerned
> that I may be duplicating others work. I will read
> these documents.

Awesome, that's exactly how I got involved, I really
missed an easy way to add text to a model :-).

> I am trying to make the code more powerful and maintain
> compatibility. This was intended to meet my own personal
> needs but I see it as a possibility for the whole community.

There are very likely a number of things from the OpenSCAD2
proposal (and also other ideas) that could be added to the
current state without too much issues. But please don't be
discouraged if it takes some time as language changes are
always a bit tricky. Once something is out, it's very hard
to change.

ciao,
  Torsten.