[OpenSCAD] How can I tell what OpenSCAD is doing?

Parkinbot rudolf at parkinbot.com
Mon Oct 10 15:49:18 EDT 2016

Ronaldo wrote
> You can do a donut with sweep.scad using the parameter closed=true. The
> first and last section are matched by its indices. You couldn't model a
> Moebius strip with it because the total twist for closed paths is a
> multiple of 360.

Well, I was referring to my  Thingiverse post
<http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1659079>  , which uses my very own version
of sweep() from Naca_sweep.scad, which, like skin(), is somehow more
flexible than the version in sweep.scad. For the difference, refer to
https://github.com/openscad/list-comprehension-demos/issues/3

And, you say it: You couldn't model a Moebius strip with an odd number of
windings with it. Isn't any moebius strip kinda donut?
Also a threading with slope > 0 can't be closed automatically.