[OpenSCAD] How can I tell what OpenSCAD is doing?

Dan Shriver tabbydan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 13:15:10 EDT 2016

Is it also bad to use linear_extrude() in such a manner?
I've been doing that for some programs where I make very thin slices that
change slightly.
Those programs run slowly too, but not quite this slowly.

I do have a  list of verticies but I may need some help in generating a
toroidal slice (given that it is slightly thicker further away from the z
axis, and my list of points is not necessarily simple).