[OpenSCAD] How can I tell what OpenSCAD is doing?

Dan Shriver tabbydan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 13:00:09 EDT 2016

I want to make sure I understand your response.

When you say "tori" you don't mean each is a torus, but each is a slice of
a torus, right?

I'm trying to make a torus of 360 slices, the goal being that if I can do
that I can change each slice a little bit so the torus "morphs".

I have been doing this kind of thing with linear_extrude() and am just
doing a test here to make sure my approach with rotate_extrude() is correct.

You are indicating that  it will be slow and painful the way I'm doing it.
Is there any way inside of OpenSCAD for me to make it faster (like
rotate_extrude() does if it does the entire 360 itself) without decreasing
the number of slices?