[OpenSCAD] OpenSCAD machine recommendations

MichaelAtOz oz.at.michael at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 21:04:17 EDT 2016

At most two threads, but the rendering is only done in one. ATM, future
desire to multithread...don't hold your breath tho.

So fastest CPU GHz, lots of memory (if you do complex designs), these days
I'd say 16G min, & a SSD (which you want regardless). Larger CPU L1/L2 cache
would probably help, but I'd guess it would be in the margins.

A better, not best, graphics card can help with viewing previews of complex
models, ie when dragging/moving the image around.

Avoid Intel graphics.