[OpenSCAD] Fusion360 and OpenSCAD

Carsten Arnholm arnholm at arnholm.org
Fri Oct 7 14:31:35 EDT 2016

On 06. okt. 2016 21:46, Torsten Paul wrote:
> I think it's more a matter of scope. It's not intended to
> cover all possible cases giving thousands of parameters. It's
> supposed to "just work" for the simple/normal case. For
> everything more advanced, I agree that a separate, specialized
> application is a better choice.

I think the problem is that it is hard to tell in advance what is a
simple/normal case that should "just work" and when it does not, you
wonder why...

I just implemented OpenSCAD export as an alternative in my profile
generator, here is the generated OpenSCAD source to extrude the Ford
logo, as an illustration of the technique:

http://arnholm.org/tmp/profiles/Ford_neg.scad

Carsten Arnholm