[OpenSCAD] sumUp() to Replace Difference() (in most cases)

Ronaldo Persiano rcmpersiano at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 17:45:43 EDT 2016

Interesting approach. I don't have any reason to question your statement
that sumUp() could favor modelling complex projects. I have no experience
on that and have to give it a try. But I don't understand why you say it is
faster. Ultimately, sumUp will perform the same boolean operations. I
compared the CSG tree your code generated with the CSG tree generated for a
code I wrote to produce the same model using directly the boolean
operations. The CSG tree of sumUp is a lot bigger than the later. The
preview time of sumUp was a bit bigger.