[OpenSCAD] Fusion360 and OpenSCAD

Torsten Paul Torsten.Paul at gmx.de
Thu Oct 6 15:46:47 EDT 2016

On 10/06/2016 09:17 PM, Carsten Arnholm wrote:
> I had a quick look at the potrace algorithm now, since you
> mentioned it. http://potrace.sourceforge.net/potrace.pdf
> Nice paper, the approach is quite different from mine, but
> some very good ideas there.

Yeah, looks like both approaches give quite good results.

> The potrace integration idea is nice but I suspect it might
> be subject to difficult user issues if integrated too tightly.

I think it's more a matter of scope. It's not intended to
cover all possible cases giving thousands of parameters. It's
supposed to "just work" for the simple/normal case. For
everything more advanced, I agree that a separate, specialized
application is a better choice.
I do expect it to work well for simple scanned sketches and
could reduce the effort to base a design on that quite a bit.

ciao,
  Torsten.