[OpenSCAD] Fusion360 and OpenSCAD

Marius Kintel marius at kintel.net
Tue Oct 4 16:29:36 EDT 2016

> On Oct 3, 2016, at 11:19, Richard Urwin <soronlin+openscad at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Have you considered that OpenSCAD is to all external purposes a Data Flow
> language that bears striking similarities to languages such as SISAL? (In
> fact making OpenSCAD more like SISAL would be wonderful -- there's more
> orthogonality and more powerful structures there, but little chance of it
> happening.)

I’ve been looking into ways of using OpenSCAD as a dataflow language, but I haven’t looked at SISAL in particular.
Most of the concepts in OpenSCAD should be pretty well mappable to a dataflow or flow-based programming graph. It would be interesting to look into isomorphic representations, where text-based and a flow graph could just be two different editing modes.

So far I’ve temporarily shelved all of this in search of more resources to get this off the ground, but take a look at e.g. Antimony, which has combined flow-based programming with an f-rep kernel to achieve smth. very similar.

 -Marius