[OpenSCAD] Clarifying behaviors

don bright hmbright at fastmail.com
Sat Oct 1 21:38:24 EDT 2016

In my experience the "de facto" language spec is in the several hundred
regression tests.

Just as a simple example,  here is the test for "min, max" functions

https://github.com/openscad/openscad/blob/master/testdata/scad/functions/min-max-tests.scad

Here are the expected results

https://github.com/openscad/openscad/blob/master/tests/regression/echotest/min-max-tests-expected.echo

If a build doesnt produce those results, the test will fail.

I have a feeling that most of the people working on the project do not
want to make changes that break the regression tests.

If you dig around the tests/scad you can find tests for vector / list
operations. I am not sure if the complicated ones you are using are in
there, but they might be.

There is a Travis CI automatic test that gets run every time someone
commits code to the master branch. It actually runs the regression tests
as part of it's "build". You can see results here

https://travis-ci.org/openscad/openscad

past results here

https://travis-ci.org/openscad/openscad/builds

--