[OpenSCAD] Clarifying behaviors

Ronaldo rcmpersiano at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 18:50:04 EDT 2016

I asked this before but got no answer. By mistake, I found that I could use a
3x3 matrix instead of a 4x4 in the multmatrix() operator to get a linear
transformation. It seems that, in general, extra lines and columns of the
input matrix (if more then 4 is present) are discarded and missing elements
from the 4x4 standard are fulfilled by the respective elements of the
identity matrix. You can confirm this displaying the CSG tree. The important
case for me is the possibility to input a 3x3 matrix when I don't need a
translation. Don't you think this simplifies the code and should be
documented in the on line manual?