[OpenSCAD] Fusion360 and OpenSCAD

Torsten Paul Torsten.Paul at gmx.de
Sat Oct 1 16:28:11 EDT 2016

On 10/01/2016 11:02 AM, Rob Ward wrote:
> So would these worksheets - come challenges, be a useful
> starting point for beginners to see the potential of openSCAD?
> I am happy to contribute my efforts so far and over the next
> few weeks submit a few more???

That would be awesome. Maybe it could be the beginning of
a tutorial next to the manual?

There are great resources scattered around on the web, as
Blog posts or on Thingiverse. Some of those with licenses
that confuse me (e.g. what about people who want to use
OpenSCAD to create a 3d printer design they want to sell.
Are those people allowed to use the code from CC-NC
tutorials? What about Makerspaces wanting to use it in
courses that have an entry fee? I don't know... ).

I always wanted to get something like this going, but I
don't have the didactic knowledge to give it a good
outline where one topic leads to the next. This means I'm
always getting stuck trying to sort the things to
discuss. The quite sad looking page with some notes is
gathering dust at
https://github.com/openscad/openscad/wiki/Ideas-for-Tutorial

> In short, should we have a "kids" section for openSCAD?

Yes, please!

We could start with a single page, similar to the tips &
tricks page at
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenSCAD_User_Manual/Tips_and_Tricks
and start moving things to sub-pages once it grows.

ciao,
  Torsten.