[OpenSCAD] Clarifying behaviors

Torsten Paul Torsten.Paul at gmx.de
Sat Oct 1 16:01:03 EDT 2016

On 10/01/2016 09:52 PM, doug moen wrote:
> The one thing I find surprising is that OpenSCAD doesn't support
> "broadcasting", unlike all of the other math-and-science languages
> I know.
> That is, I expect that
>    1 + [2,3,4] == [3,4,5]
> but that's not supported in OpenSCAD.

Maybe we can collect a list of all those cases and just implement
them. The risk breaking existing scripts is probably not very big,
I hope nobody relies on the fact 1 + [2,3,4] returns undef.

Or is there a formal description of all cases for one of the
existing languages, so we can see if we can (start to) match
features?

ciao,
  Torsten.