[OpenSCAD] Creating DXF file with round shapes

Eric Buijs ebuijs at mac.com
Wed Jun 29 10:33:17 EDT 2016

Thanks for the reply. I understand your point. However increasing $fn would
only worsen the problem. Your example would probably result in 100 different
lines in the DFX file. The software on the laser cutter (Coreldraw)
interprets the polygons as separate lines forcing the laser cutter to jump
up and down through the circle, an unwanted situation of course.

I saw in the past others struggled with a similar problem
(https://github.com/openscad/openscad/pull/448) and, as far as I understand
correctly, made changes to the OpenSCAD source code, creating a polyline
entity in the DFX file instead of the line entity. My guess is that a
(closed) polyline will solve the problem. What I can't figure out if this
change has been reverted or not.