[OpenSCAD] Qt5

buttim maurizio.butti at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 09:10:09 EDT 2016

I suspect this is a well known story, so bear with me since my Google search
(patience?) did not come up with a definitive answer.

Seems like Openscad is using the old Qt4 version instead of Qt5. I would
like tu understand if it's feasible to switch to Qt5 or not.

My personal concern is that some keyboard shortcuts are broken with non US
keyboard layouts, at least under Windows. For example you can't use Ctrl+]
and [ for zoomin. Same for the (hopefully) upcoming shortcuts Ctrl+* and
Ctrl+Shift+*. This might be something that does not affect Qt5 from some
discussions I found around.