[OpenSCAD] Improve rendering speed

Ronaldo Persiano rcmpersiano at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 20:14:43 EDT 2016

Yes. I rendered the Schwarz surface with the f-rep system with 8 increasing
resolutions and saved their stls. For lower resolution, the rendered model
is disconnected in many parts. For intermediate resolution, the model is
rendered with some holes. In another OpenSCAD code, I load the stl files
and do the camera animation, fading in and fading out each stl model in
turn. The dumped images were sequenced with ffmpeg. I borrowed the fade
functions from D.Bramley's AnimationMotionLibrary for OpenSCAD.