[OpenSCAD] Chromebook 13 (Acer) to run OpenSCAD?

william whareg12 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 20 11:52:17 EDT 2016

My friend did a little research for me.  Seems that while it is possible to
install Linux on the Acer Chromebook 13
(https://www.reddit.com/r/chrubuntu/comments/2hhb31/), the openscad build
for this ARM/Linux may have problems and can be quite buggy
(https://github.com/dnschneid/crouton/issues/2401).

And rollApp just told me the following:

 it would not be possible to provide low-level access to a USB device
connected to a Chromebook for application running in the cloud on rollApp.
Applications running in the browser are very limited in the ways they can
interface with the devices and our platform does not support general purpose
USB virtualization yet.

But they said we might still port this up on rollApp and used by
participants to create/prepare the models on Chromebooks and then send /
transfer them to computers physically attached to 3D printers.

(Any chrome app functions like remote desktop / VNC?  I wonder.)

Just to provide some information on the above leads.  Please feel free to
comment further or suggest other ideas.

Rgds William