[OpenSCAD] Unusual hull() and minkowski modelling

Marius Kintel marius at kintel.net
Sun Jun 19 11:41:08 EDT 2016

On Jun 18, 2016, at 10:23 AM, Parkinbot <rudolf at parkinbot.com> wrote:

> @Marius
> aren't you always looking for some compact crasher code? I never encountered
> a higher crash rate before writing this post ;-)

Thx - I’ve created an issue: https://github.com/openscad/openscad/issues/1671

FYI: The problem is that we perform minkowski calculations as pairwise hulls, and CGAL’s hull algorithm doesn’t allow for results without a volume.
CGAL’s built-in minkowski algorithm has a similar problem and won’t create the resulting object, but it’s unknown why. If someone wants to dig, it might make sense to submit an issue on the latter to CGAL.

 -Marius